Clinton Township Deer Hunt For the 2020/2021 Season
REVISED AS OF 5/4/2020
Welcome to the Clinton Township Municipal Deer Management Permit application process. Applications will ONLY be available online at www.clintontwpnj.com. Completed applications will ONLY be accepted online via submission to Tome Silvia at email@example.com. Residents and employees of Clinton Township will be allowed to submit their applications starting at 8:00AM on Monday, June 8, 2020. Non-residents will be allowed to submit their application starting at 8:00AM on Monday, June 15, 2020. Please be advised that should the allotted permits be consumed during the resident/employee timeframe there will be no permits available for non-residents.
Key points about the program for the 2020/2021 season:
- Application paperwork will only be available online and will only be accepted online.
- You can obtain the applications by going to www.clintontwpnj.com. If you go to the Clinton Township website and go under Government you will see Open Space Committee. Click on that and you will see the link for the Deer Management Program. Once in there you will see the forms and other information to the left of this cover letter. You will submit your applications and required paperwork to Tom Silvia at firstname.lastname@example.org on the required due dates.
- If submitted applications are incomplete, incorrect or received prior to the 8:00AM submission time they will be disregarded from the selection process.
- Submitted applications will be distributed on a first come, first serve basis. This will be determined by the date/time stamp on your emailed application.
- You must identify the property or properties you would like to hunt in order of preference. If this information is incomplete or inaccurate your application will be rejected. Properties will assigned on a first come, first serve basis. If your first choice property has been fully subscribed, then your subsequent preferences will be used to attempt to assign you a property based on the order identified on your application. If you don’t identify subsequent properties, you might not be assigned a property.
The two new properties White Cloud and Brays hill only a portion of those properties can be hunted. And White Cloud is Bow only. Please see maps to see areas that are limited on White Cloud and Brays Hill.
- You must identify which seasons you plan to hunt and you must agree to hunt a minimum of two of the available seasons for your particular property.
- Team sizes are a minimum of two and maximum of three. No teams of one will be allowed. If you apply as a resident, the primary team member must be a resident or employee of Clinton Township. Other team members do not have to be a resident or employee of Clinton Township.
- One youth hunter under the age of 18 or an apprentice hunter is allowed to be a member of the team.
- You and each team member are required to have $1,000,000 of general liability insurance. If insurance is not in place at the time of submission of your application you must show proof that you applied for said insurance. Once the policy is received, it must be submitted via the online application process specified above.
- There will be a mandatory orientation meeting on July 18th at Bundt Park at 9AM. The orientation will be held under the pavilion. The rain date will be July 19th at the same time and place. Only one member per team is required to attend but are welcome to attend.
- All permits will be handed out at the orientation noted above. The fee for the permit is $50 per team and can only be paid at the orientation when you receive your permit and other paperwork.
- If you would like a map or maps of the properties in question please email Tom Silvia at email@example.com.
I am looking forward to working with you this year and making your deer hunting experience in the Township as positive and easy as possible. I have worked for Clinton Township for 17 years and look forward to attacking this new challenge. If you have any ideas or feedback please don't hesitate to contact me, with last year being our first year the hope is that this year we can work out the issues and set a foundation for years to come.
Best of luck to you and thank you for you participation in this process.